Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fun times~



Top: Forever 21
Jeans: Kohl's
Boots: Kohl's
Necklace: Deaf Expo

The Top here is something I actually just recently acquired.  I was "browsing" forever 21 when i stumbled across it.  I'm usually pretty picky with my clothes I get there, since a lot of their stuff can be made rather poorly.  My favorite part of this piece is the necklace and there is actually a little story behind how I got it.

Its been a while now, but some time ago I was taking sign language courses; one of the requirements in those classes is attending some kind of deaf event.  Because of that I chose to go to the deaf expo. Its a big event with lots of different features and booths. I was browsing the booths with my mother (who happens to be hard of hearing) when I stumbled across this necklace.  It was made by a Japanese couple who were deaf.  It was really fun signing with them in ASL and talking about the Japanese language because at that same time I was just starting to take Japanese classes as well.  It was definitely the highlight of the event, and the necklace has become one of my favorites.  :)

Also just because I was out with the dog while taking pictures, here's a little up close picture of her.  Her name is Kelly- though half the time we call her Kelly Bean- or "The Bean."  She's all muscle and quite the little bully unfortunately.  But She can be sweet when she wants to be.... usually with my dad only though, he's her favorite.  

No comments:

Post a Comment